Over the years, loft beds have become immensely popular as they are very reliable, safe and most importantly, they are very comfortable. Furthermore, a loft bed is a double-bunked bed with the bottom bunk removed. That leaves you with a level well above the ground and with considerable space beneath the upper bunk. Needless to say, loft beds are a great way to free up space and give your kids more room in their bedrooms.
Besides, regardless of how big or small our living space is, we run a constant battle with lack of space. This is especially true for those who live in small apartments and have to use their bedrooms as living areas. With a loft bed, not only you get that much needed extra space, but will also get a comfortable and cozy bed for your little one.
Add to that, a child will love climbing into loft beds, and even when they don’t have anyone to share a room with, it would be fun to have a bed where they can climb on to and sleep and their very own playing area right under. However, choosing a high-quality and affordable loft bed for kids is not easy as it sounds, considering the fact that you have to take into account a number of factors before making the final purchase.
Add to that, there are a plethora of online stores selling affordable full-size loft beds flooding the market, which makes it harder to select the best one for you. Not to mention, depending on the brand, design and style, they can turn out to be extremely pricey. However, if you keep your eyes open and do your homework, you’ll end up with a better, more affordable loft beds that are also easier to maintain.
Read on to find out five tips to choose a loft bed
1. Shop around – One of the major factors that you need to take into account for choosing the best affordable loft beds for kids is making sure you look around and check out as many stores as you can. Besides, you might be able to find a better quality loft bed in the same price range.
2. Determine the maximum weight – Even though they are durable and sturdy, loft beds have their maximum weight capacity. Generally, it is around 200 pounds. Though kids are usually small, they may fill the top bed with so many things, causing it to collapse.
3. You should not compromise on quality – Let’s face it, if the loft bed isn’t manufactured properly or the mattress isn’t a good fit or the bed isn’t soft enough, you shouldn’t buy it, even if it saves you a bundle. Furthermore, make sure you properly check the quality of the loft bed before making the purchase.
4. Check the rails – It goes without saying, that you should never purchase any bed that does not come with guard rails. Furthermore, the rail should not be too far from the mattress and they should be at least three to five inches in height. The guardrail opening, on the other hand, should be less than three inches, preventing the head from getting caught in between the rails.
5. Comfortable and stable – Last but certainly not the least is making sure you buy a loft bed that is comfortable and stable. Besides, you wouldn’t want to buy a bed that looks nice but isn’t comfortable to sleep in. Be sure to test out the comfort level before making the final purchase.
Still not sure how to find the best affordable loft beds for your kids? We have done the research for you and found the most popular loft bed for kids in 2020.
Canwood Whistler Junior Loft Bed
The Canwood Whistler Junior Loft Bed will get your kid excited about bedtime. With high-quality solid pine wood and composites construction, the loft bed comes in four non-toxic finishes, including a natural one that you can paint to match your kid’s existing furniture.
For extra safety, it is lower to the ground than traditional loft beds and also has full-length guard rails. In addition, the actual mattress frame is raised up to give ample amount of space for great organizational options below.
Furthermore, you can maximize the space by using the area underneath the loft bed for more storage or transforming it into a reading area among others. With its West Coast design techniques mixed with a rich wood finish, the Canwood Whistler Junior Loft bed will add a comfortable and space-saving sleeping experience that your kid will love.